With the experience of managing the Bachelor Physics Program since 1961 and Graduate Physics Program since 1990, starting from 2017 Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences University of Indonesia began to carry out the Doctor in Physics Program.
Become an internationally reputable and superior graduate program in Southeast Asia.
- Organize learning programs that integrate education and research through high quality research-based curriculum.
- Produce graduates who are able to do original research with research knowledge and competencies that are internationally recognized and have an analytical, critical, creative, innovative, conceptual mindset, oriented towards problem solving and have an objective, professional and ethical attitude.
- Facilitate academic freedom for academics in the Doctor in Physics program to create a condusive academic climate conducive to the development of attitudes and mindset of students.
- Increase research resources through partnerships and networking with researchers, research institutions, and industries nationally and internationally.
Investigating the natural phenomena in the microscopic (nuclear and subnuclear) or macroscopic (astrophysics and cosmology) realms to develop the science itself for the human understanding of the universe by using theoretical and computational approaches.
Investigating phenomena and properties of the material, such as electricity, magnetism, optics and combinations of the three with more emphasis on the aspects of physical explanation of phenomena and the properties of material, both experimentally and theoretically.
Investigating the application of physical properties of material related to the working mechanism of sensors, either mechanical, magnetic, optical, or chemical sensors, leading to the development of sensor devices, measurement systems, control systems, and data acquisition systems applicable to measurements in the fields of Materials, Medical , Biology and Chemistry.
Investigating the physical quantities of living things and their applications to the medical field. The field of medical physics is multidisciplinary and deals with the application of physics in the field of medicine in the form of physics applications in Radiology Diagnostics, Radiotherapy, Radiation Oncology, and Nuclear Medicine. The Biophysics field studies the use of algae as an energy source, hard tissues biomaterials such as bones and other hard tissues, etc.
Studying the physical quantities and their applications to earth exploration. Research in this field is carried out by utilizing physical parameters such as rock resistivity, mechanical wave propagation, and dielectric constant of rocks. It includes studying and mapping the condition of subsurface rocks, from the surface to the center of the earth, for oil and gas exploration, geothermal, mineral as well as exploration of environmental issues.
- Create innovative, original and tested works through research in the field of physics and its applications.
- Develop science and technology through research in physics and its applications.
- Disseminate research results in the field of physics so as to gain national and international recognition
- Solve the problems of science and technology in the community with the principles of physics and communicate the results to the community.
The Doctor in Physics curriculum is competency based which is commensurate with the Indonesian National Qualification Framework (KKNI) Level 9.
The curriculum is designed to produce graduates who are able to develop physics and their applications through nationally and internationally recognized research with a multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach.