The Department of Physics, FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND NATURAL SCIENCES, UNIVERSITAS INDONESIA
Undergraduate Program in Physics
The Department of Physics (DoPh), Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (FMNS), Universitas Indonesia (UI) was established in 1960 based on the Decree of Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia (MoEC) No. 108.094 / 1960. DoPh was located at the UI Salemba campus Jakarta. In 1987 the UI new campus was established in Depok, approximately 30 km South from Jakarta.
At the same time the center of administration of DoPh was moved to the new UI Depok campus, where better facilities were available. Some of DoPh facilities, either academic or research, were, nevertheless remain kept in the UI Salemba campus in Jakarta. Since then DoPh has two sites, one is in UI Depok campus, where its main activities are conducted, and the other is in UI Salemba campus. Currently, DoPh organizes five study programs as can be viewed in its website, http://www.fisika.ui.ac.id. These five study programs are:
- Undergraduate Program in Physics (UPPh),
- Magister Program in Physics,
- Magister Program in Materials Science,
- Doctoral Program in Materials Science.
- Doctoral Program in Physics.
DoPh has a vision as to become an excellent institution in the field of Physics and its applications, which can take part at a global level. The missions of DoPh are:
- To perform research activities, which can contribute to development of Physics and its applications at global level,
- To perform educational activities in Physics and its applications to produce graduates, which are able to compete globally,
- To perform community services through educational services, dissemination as well as utilization of results obtained from research in Physics and its applications.
DoPh’s vision and mission are in accordance with FMNS’s vision and mission in the following website (http://www.sci.ui.ac.id):
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is aimed to be center of excellence on science education, research, community services and give contribution at national and international levels.
- To conduct research-based academic education professionally in order to prepare the students to become future leaders with good ethics, global insight and care for the welfare of the society and possess excellence academic research.
- To support excellent research contribution in science and technology development as well as to conduct excellent academic research.
- To disseminate science and new innovations that is beneficial for society.
as well as with UI’s vision and mission (http://www.ui.ac.id):
To be the centre of excellence for knowledge, technology, and culture which is competitive, through the effort to educate and increase the prosperity of the people, and contribute to the development of the people of Indonesia and the world.
- To provide wide and equal access, and quality teaching and learning,
- To achieve quality in the three pillars of Higher Education (Tridharma Perguruan Tinggi) relevant to national and global challenges,
- To produce graduates of high Intellectual and moral standards with the ability to compete globally, and
To create an academic climate of excellence which supports the achievement of the university’s vision.